Starting and Running a business is no ‘bed of roses’ but there are ways to beat business stress. The self employed find it particularly difficult to avoid business stress.
We set out, working on the business and end up working in the business. A recipe for long, frustrating hours at level of stress that are far from healthy.
I include consultants, freelancers and individual professionals in the self employed as their income is entirely dependent on their own efforts. It is normally they who have to produce the marketing, create the interest, make the sale, produce the work and conduct a myriad of other jobs called ‘running the business’. There is never enough time to get everything done and this leads to business stress, anxiety, loss of effectiveness and eventually, a downturn in performance.
Do These Statements Describe Business Stress?
If any of these statements resonate, it may be time to step back and ‘think out of the box’.
- Yоu mіѕѕ fаmіlу (оr other events) bесаuѕе of work that must be соmрlеtеd.
- Yоur To Do list kеер gеttіng longer when it should be getting ѕhоrtеr.
- You’re often up against deadlines that stress you out.
- You need a holiday but the time is never right.
- Your business is growing but you are not ready to take on extra staff.
I do know this – no one ever built a sucessful business entirely on our own. The most successful people surround themselves with talented people, with the skills and time to get things done and who can contribute to the smooth running and growth of the business while the owner focuses on income producing activity. A Virtual Personal Assistant can help the owner maintain that focus, making it far easier to work on their business, rather than always in it.
A Virtual Personal Assistant Helps You Manage Business Stress
- Follow Up Marketing Projects
- Managing a range of CRM systems
- Diary Management
- Time Management Coaching
- Organising Training programmes
- Event Organisation
- Export – arranging Visa’s, organising Travel/Hotel and managing the UK office
- Documenting Expenses / Basic Bookkeeping
- Processing applications
- Formatting CV/ Arranging Interviews for Senior Executive/Director level and above
- Reference taking
- Collating Quotations
- Solving day to day crisis
- Property Management
- Report/Letter Writing
- Client facing if needed.
- Producing Professional Presentations
- Writing & Producing Manuals for existing and new processes
Self employed professionals tend to come from one of two end of the spectrum. Those starting out with more time than clients (income) and those with more work (clients) than time.
I tend to work with the latter but increasingly I am finding people with a more ‘forward thinking’ mindset who realise that if they work with a Virtual Personal Assistant from the outset, they will progress quicker, reduce business stress, as well as establishing a more business like mindset – one firmly established on working on the business, instead of in it.